| The Monster 796 is the perfect synthesis between sports performances, aesthetics and daily riding pleasure. Cared for in each single detail, it is the ideal bike for each riding style and represents the utmost evolution of the Monster family.
- TypeL-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement 1198.4cc
- Bore x Stroke 106x67.9mm
- Compression Ratio 12.7:1
- Power 170hp (125kw) @ 9750rpm
- Torque 97lb-ft (131.4Nm) @ 8000rpm
- Fuel injection Marelli electronic fuel injection, elliptical throttle bodies.
- Exhaust Lightweight 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes. Twin stainless steel mufflers.
- Gearbox 6 speed
- Ratio 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=27/20 4=24/22 5=23/24 6=22/25
- Primary drive Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.84:1
- Final drive Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 38
- Clutch Dry multiplate with hydraulic control
- Standard Euro 3 (Europe) - USA: follows the US Federal Regulation
- Frame Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Wheelbase 1450mm (57.1in)
- Rake 24°
- Showa 43mm upside-down forks
- Front wheel travel 120mm (4.7in)
- Front wheel Y-shaped, 5-spoke in light alloy 3.50 x17
- Front tyre 120/70 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso
- Rear suspension Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Showa monoshock.
- Rear wheel travel 148mm (5.8in)
- Rear wheel Y-shaped, 5-spoke in light alloy 5.50 x 17
- Rear tyre 180/55 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso
- Front brake 2 x 320mm discs, 4-piston radial caliper.
- Rear brake 245mm disc, 2-piston calliper
- Fuel tank capacity 15l - 3.8 gallon (US) 13.5l - 3.6 gallon (US) ABS version )
- Dry weight 167kg (369lb) / 169kg (373lb) ABS version
- Seat height 800mm (31.5in)
Digital unit displaying: Speedometer, rev counter, clock, scheduled maintenance warning, oil temperature, trip fuel, lap time, warning light for low oil pressure, fuel level, fuel reserve, neutral, turn signals, overrev, immobilizer. Ready for DDA system.
|Related bikes: Monster 696, 796, 1100EVO, Monster Diesel